Promat PROMASEAL® SupaWrap 600mm x 4000mm
PROMASEAL® SupaWrap is designed to provide insulation criteria onto metal pipes, cables and cable trays.
Clause C3.15 of the Building Code of Australia requires copper pipes and other service penetrations to be able to achieve the same insulation criteria as the element they are passing through when tested to the requirements of AS 1530.4:2014.
For metal pipes in walls and all services through slabs. A length of 600mm is required using the PROMASEAL® SupaWrap. Generally, the requirement is for application to both faces of the element. However, for slabs there are selected approvals available for application to the top side only.
Cable trays and cables while not as highly conductive as metal pipes will still transfer heat to the unexposed side of a fire resisting element. In these cases the penetrating element must be protected so as to not transfer this heat and possibly contribute to fire spread. The advantage of the PROMASEAL® SupaWrap product is that the extension of the wrap is only for 300mm* (depending on wall thickness) from the face of the wall as opposed to other solutions that can be as long as 800mm.
- Around 300mm long for cables and cable trays through walls. 600ml long for most other services and orientations
- Will provide up to 120 minutes insulation on various types of services when used in partnership with other Promat Firestopping products.
- Sold as a roll to be cut to size on site.
- Now also sold as a preformed sleeve to suit a variety of standard metal pipe sizes
- PROMASEAL® SupaWrap is an alternative to 38mm Fibretex 450